Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

Season 2

Go down 
+3
To Close
HKanaya
Sc0tty P33
7 posters

Season 2 Options
Season 2 Vote_lcap15%Season 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Season 2 Vote_lcap15%Season 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Season 2 Vote_lcap31%Season 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Season 2 Vote_lcap31%Season 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Season 2 Vote_lcap8%Season 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

Season 2 Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Scott Power

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/10/2012, 11:05 am

Im not sure if we are ready for a multi-class season yet but its totally up to participation. If we can get 14- 20 every week then multi class could work. With that said what would you all like to race next? I am going to put a poll up. Please vote. Also if you have an idea then please post it as well.

Option 1:
Cadillac CTS-VR Cup
Another free car with some extra oomph. Since this car is free it would be another season with very limited money spent. We would probably add 1 or 2 tracks that aren't included so an expense would be involved.

Option 2:
Skippy Barber Car
You would have to buy the car therefore we probably would only add 1 extra track to limit the expense.

Option 3:
Mustang Challenge
Once again a purchase car so we would add only 1 track to season schedule.

Option 4:
Multi-class season
We would split the field in half based on final seasons points. Top half would run faster car and the second half would run the slower car. Not sure on car selection yet.

Option 5:
Ovals
Some sort of entry level oval racing. Not sure of car yet but would be a free car ran on free tracks.

I wanted to get these polls started now so we aren't just sitting around when this season is over. So make your selection and also give input on that selection.
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

Season 2 Sponsorvsra

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/11/2012, 2:42 pm

We need votes and input fellas....

Thanks
Back to top Go down
HKanaya
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
HKanaya

Season 2 Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Hiro Kanaya

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Some Other Ideas?   Season 2 Empty7/11/2012, 5:51 pm

Star Mazda in a Road and Oval series? I am not particularly a fan of ovals, so perhaps a 2 or 3:1 ratio of road to oval courses?

Also, what about suggestions from people on cars and possibly more importantly tracks (3 max) that they would want to see as part of this league? If everyone owns/wants a particular track or car, perhaps it should be added? I'll go first, in on particular order.

Cars:
Lotus 79, Star Mazda, Skip Barber

Tracks: Watkins Glen, Spa, Oulton Park

Another idea may be to look at this season to see which tracks were used by the most series? That way in the event that someone here were to purchase the track, they would also be able to leverage that purchase over more iRacing series, as well. In the current 2012 Season 2, the most common tracks are:

Watkins Glen: 14 series
Spa, Suzuka, Mid-Ohio: 11 series each
Road America: 10 series

Thoughts? Ideas? Hate it? Love it? Didn't make it this far?
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

Season 2 Sponsorvsra

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/11/2012, 6:45 pm

All very good points...tracks definately will be looked at by popularity. However, this season is almost over. We will look at data from new season starting in a couple weeks. Thanks for your input. It is very helpful.

Back to top Go down
To Close
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
To Close

Season 2 Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Andrew J Wheeler

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/20/2012, 12:03 am

I have bought some tracks and some cars. Maybe we should make a post to compile a list that could help us out with selecting the right stuff.. Maybe a persistent list. I would love to see the Riley DP vs I don't give a sh@t I wanna drive the Riley. Razz

But we all would have to have both cars and a selection of tracks for next season.. Maybe not so many tracks. Lime Rock Chicane is now STRICKEN from the VSRA vocabulary.

Last edited by To Close on 7/20/2012, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joseph.Andersen
Professional License Holder
Professional License Holder

Season 2 Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Joseph Andersen

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/20/2012, 8:34 am

FYI I've heard some people talking about how they bought all the tracks for the next "iRacing" season. Just so people know iRacing changes what tracks are used for almost all of the classes. So you might want to wait until the next season schedule is out before buying some tracks that might not be used.

As for VSRA Im down for whatever car. But I think its a little early for the Riley. Would be nice to work our way up like iRacing makes you do.
Back to top Go down
To Close
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
To Close

Season 2 Sponsorvsra

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/20/2012, 9:33 am

I would greatly enjoy some real speed thanks Razz
Guess I should have been more clear, my post is a suggestion for MC racing.. And I hope that if we go mixed class it will not be like the In News series with all cars within a second of each other.. One fast, one slow. Someone comment on the persistent list of content. Too much? Bad idea??

Back to top Go down
SRVjr
Amateur License Holder
Amateur License Holder
SRVjr

iRacing Tag : Brian Lykins

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/20/2012, 12:28 pm

Personally, I feel that MC racing will complicate things more than it will help. If you have two or three classes of cars on the track at one time and someone causes a wreck with someone in a higher class, an inter-galactic pissing match will ensue and so on.

I'm an oval guy, but I know there isn't enough support on this forum to constitute starting an oval league. Not to mention the fact that the majority of the free tracks are road courses. I'm not disappointed that we aren't running ovals - yes I would like to see some - but in a Miata it's ABSOLUTELY pointless.

I'm down for whatever, as long as its fun and people don't start bitching and moaning about how it's not what they want to do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SRVjr?feature=mhee
Ripp3d
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder
Ripp3d

iRacing Tag : David Rippy

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/20/2012, 1:16 pm

+1 Agree with Joe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rippyondrums
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

iRacing Tag : Curtis Jones2

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/20/2012, 1:21 pm

I like the point Hiro is making about the popularity of tracks. I also agree with Joe that we should probably wait to see what next season is going to bring as far as schedule wise. How easy does the iracing platform make hosting a multi class race? Will the race be scored properly and the classes designated correctly? I actually have not purchased any content yet and was kind of waiting for the D license SRF series next season to do anything purchase wise but I definitely plan on running VSRA whatever we pick next season (Unless it's a ton of ovals, i'm just not a fan lol).
Back to top Go down
HKanaya
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
HKanaya

Season 2 Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Hiro Kanaya

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Preliminary Season 3 Schedule   Season 2 Empty7/20/2012, 1:35 pm

For those of you who may not have yet seen it, iRacing has posted a preliminary season 3 schedule. Some interesting changes. iRacerstuff.com put together this one pager on the road series. Just a note, there were a few changes between the preliminary schedule and the final schedule in season 2. For instance, Indy Car Road Fixed was supposed to run at Oulton Park in week 9, however they changed it to Twin Ring Motegi at some point. Making all of my practice at Oulton Park in that car worthless.

There is also an oval series on their site for those of you that like ovals. Here are links to the Oval and Road schedule:

http://iracerstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2012-Season-3-ROAD1.pdf

http://iracerstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2012-Season-3-OVAL1.pdf
Back to top Go down
To Close
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
To Close

Season 2 Sponsorvsra

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/20/2012, 1:59 pm

On track that we should add for next season and beyond.. My vote is for Watkins Glen.. So many Series have it so it will also be good for your iRacing career as well.. But a track Like Daytona would be good for someone who likes to do the ovals too, just not in as many series it seems as The Glen.. Others I would list would be Suzuka, Spa Brands Hatch, Road Atlanta... But I figure for guys/gals in Curtis's position maybe we should just do one new thing at a time.. i.e. 1 track or 1 car.. Keep posting up ideas and responses..

afro
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

iRacing Tag : Curtis Jones2

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty7/20/2012, 2:11 pm

I gotta say, I would absolutely love to do a night race on sebring or daytona. Can we PLEASE make a poll for that and make it happen!!!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2   Season 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 2
Page 1 of 1