Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

Tracks for next season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lee Mcgovern
Professional License Holder
Lee Mcgovern

iRacing Tag : Lee Mcgovern

Tracks for next season Empty
PostSubject: Tracks for next season   Tracks for next season Empty1/2/2013, 10:00 pm

As it seems we will be running the McLaren next season these are tracks I would like to see.

Oulton park hislop intl
Barber full
Zolder
Spa
Daytona or Sebring night
Mosport
Phillip Island
Silverstone GP
Infineon
Zandvoort
VIR
Suzuka GP

If we are going to make the season longer 12 races should be the cap,to match iracing seasons.
Back to top Go down
HKanaya
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
HKanaya

Tracks for next season Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Hiro Kanaya

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next season   Tracks for next season Empty1/3/2013, 2:39 pm

I have all of these tracks, can't say I'm a big fan of Barber or Infineon, though. Perhaps the premium tracks used this season should be the starting for point for next season? I am also wondering if we can minimize the number of premium tracks required to run the full season by leveraging multiple configurations available. For instance, VIR Full and VIR Grand West, Silverstone GP and Silverstone Southern would give us 4 weeks, but only require 2 tracks. I love Spa, but am concerned that it may be a bit long, given the speed of the cars and the participation. We may have 2 or 3 people racing, and the others hot lapping. I would prefer Zolder Alternate to Zolder GP. With a 12 week season, how many drop weeks would we allow 2? 4?

For what it's worth, here would be my choices, not in chronological order:

1. Okayama Full (Everyone has it)
2. Charlotte Road Night (Everyone has it)
3. Road Atlanta (Carry over from Season 4)
4. Mid-Ohio Full (Carry over from Season 4)
5. Watkins Glen Boot (Carry over from Season 4)
6. Mosport (Higher likelihood that people already have it)
7. Suzuka GP (Higher likelihood that people already have it)
8. Zolder Alternate (Newer track, some people may have to purchase)
9. Phillip Island (Uncommon track, some people may have to purchase)
10. VIR Full
11. VIR Grand West (2 for 1)
12. Interlagos (If unavailable, Oulton Park No Chicanes or Road America)

Alternates:

Summit Point (Everyone has it)
Silverstone GP and Silverstone Southern (2 for 1)
Laguna Seca (Everyone has it)

I like what the Lotus and Radical series do with their schedules, which are highly influenced by the forums. They divide the tracks into three groups: High Interest, Medium Interest and Low Interest, and ensure that there are more High Interest tracks than Medium and more Medium than low. They have also implemented a rotation process so that there is some predictability on what tracks will be used in future seasons, as well as control how many seasons a particular track shows up in consecutive seasons.

I fully support adding more variety to the tracks that we race, however, I believe that we should still be sensitive to the fact that not everyone has every track, yet.

Lee Mcgovern wrote:
As it seems we will be running the McLaren next season these are tracks I would like to see.

Oulton park hislop intl
Barber full
Zolder
Spa
Daytona or Sebring night
Mosport
Phillip Island
Silverstone GP
Infineon
Zandvoort
VIR
Suzuka GP

If we are going to make the season longer 12 races should be the cap,to match iracing seasons.
Back to top Go down
Joseph.Andersen

Tracks for next season Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Joseph Andersen

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next season   Tracks for next season Empty1/4/2013, 7:19 am

Looks like we got some good idea's here, I hope some more people post up. I'm looking forward to running the McLaren. I have most of the tracks so Im ok with any and all tracks. I would really like to see Zandvoort. For some reason I really liked driving that track, although it can be a handful. If we go to 12 races I would be ok with having 2 dropped races. I understand people have real life things to do and can't make every race. I can also see the point about SPA being a big track and might have the problem of people getting spaced out. If this starts to happen every race we could do a Competition Yellow at the half way point of the race - Same thing they do in some off-road racing. I know we do pit stops but that doesn't regroup the field.
Back to top Go down
John LaBaff
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder
John LaBaff

iRacing Tag : John LaBaff

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next season   Tracks for next season Empty1/4/2013, 7:32 am

looks like i have some tracks to buy lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next season   Tracks for next season Empty

Back to top Go down

Tracks for next season
Page 1 of 1