Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Christopher Thompson2
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder
Christopher Thompson2

Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Christopher Thompson2

Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty
PostSubject: Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup   Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty6/28/2012, 12:22 am

I just wanted to ask what the specifics are on the mandatory pit stop. Is it mandatory fuel and/or tires, or will it be more or less a mandatory stop and go?

Also, what fixed set up will we be using? Is it the iRacing base setup? If it is something different, would it be possible to get the setup so that we can all practice with it and get accustomed to it?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Joseph.Andersen
Professional License Holder

iRacing Tag : Joseph Andersen

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup   Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty6/28/2012, 12:08 pm

The set up is just he fixed baseline from iRacing. As for the pit stops I'm not sure but I think just a stop and go is ok. Your choice if you want the new rubber or not.
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

iRacing Tag : Scott Power

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup   Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty6/28/2012, 12:11 pm

For right now to keep it simple.. lets mandate a full pit stop.. If the consensus is later for that to change then we can. But for tonight we will mandate a full pit stop.

Good Question!! Keep em coming!!

thanks
Back to top Go down
Joseph.Andersen

iRacing Tag : Joseph Andersen

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup   Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty6/28/2012, 12:14 pm

So we need to take full tires and full fuel? Sounds good to me. Keep it easy.
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

iRacing Tag : Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup   Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty6/28/2012, 12:46 pm

Nooooo! I was only going to take tires when they fell off haha. Oh well I agree lets keep it super simple and let everyones driving sort it out and not complicate the pit strategy.
Back to top Go down
Jordan M
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Jordan M

iRacing Tag : Jordan Malish

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup   Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty6/28/2012, 5:27 pm

Might want to clarify how much gas is full, do you want to go till the car is full, or just a splash?

If you go full tank, you're going to be sitting there for a while, while a splash won't be noticeable. We obviously (hopefully) won't need a full tank on a race as short as this with the MX5, so I'd hate to put a full tank in and sit there for X seconds waiting for it to fill up.
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/racer0940
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

iRacing Tag : Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup   Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty6/28/2012, 5:34 pm

Can you lock down the black box pit options? Honestly other than a good faith understanding amongst racers I don't know if there is a way to prevent someone from only taking a gallon :/. We should probably all just agree to all take full fuel and 4 tires.
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

iRacing Tag : Scott Power

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup   Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty6/28/2012, 5:45 pm

Curtis Jones2 wrote:
Can you lock down the black box pit options? Honestly other than a good faith understanding amongst racers I don't know if there is a way to prevent someone from only taking a gallon :/. We should probably all just agree to all take full fuel and 4 tires.

I agree you cant police that as Iracing doesnt have that option.. However we will watch replays and disqualifications can and will be given. If someone clearly cheats the system then they will be asked to quit. Id like to think that if there here racing they want to emulate the real life experience.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup   Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Clarification on Mandatory Pit Stop and Fixed Setup
Page 1 of 1