Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

Season 2 Poll version 2

Go down 
+2
HKanaya
Sc0tty P33
6 posters

Season 2 Car
Ford Legends
Season 2 Poll version 2 Vote_lcap0%Season 2 Poll version 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Pontiac Solstice
Season 2 Poll version 2 Vote_lcap8%Season 2 Poll version 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Ford Spec Racer
Season 2 Poll version 2 Vote_lcap23%Season 2 Poll version 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Cadillac CTSV
Season 2 Poll version 2 Vote_lcap69%Season 2 Poll version 2 Vote_rcap
 69% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

Season 2 Poll version 2 Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Scott Power

Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty
PostSubject: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/21/2012, 12:11 am

I have talked to many members of the community and I think for season 2 we are going to do another single make season. This season will allow each racer to fully tune there car. We are also going to limit the amount of content that is required to purchase to run. Therefore we are going to have a poll. The first being just on car choice. Only think of your car choice here. Tracks will be settled once we verify what car we are going to run. Take a moment and read through each option before making your decision. Also please voice your opinions as well.

Legends Ford
This car is typically ran on ovals but I have seen it run on road courses as well. Before voting for this car just remember this car is twitchy and difficult to control on an oval, so on a road course it is even harder. I have raced it before on a road course and a good tune is a must to even make it around the track. I believe it can be pulled off but it would be really hard!!

Pontiac Solstice
Pretty much the same concept as the Mx5 Cup car. Another momentum car. I almost didn't put this as an option as I honestly never like to run similar series back to back. But if this is what the community wants to run then it can be done.

Ford Spec Racer
We all know this car is hard to drive and most people usually stay away from it because it can be a SR nightmare. Well the beauty of VSRA is we don't have to worry about that. Would be great for all of us to learn how to run this car. I personally enjoy running this car and I think the races could be very interesting and fun in this car.

Cadillac CTS-V
This car definately is a step up from the rest in the speed department and is riot to drive. I have also enjoyed running around with this car on different tracks. Its not the greatest with the stock tune but with some tinkering on the setups and it runs pretty well. Also with this car it may be an option to throw in a few ovals throughout the season due to its speed.

If you have any other input on the current car selection please make your comments. The idea is to keep costs to a minimum as we do not want to lose members due to monetary reasons.
Back to top Go down
HKanaya
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
HKanaya

iRacing Tag : Hiro Kanaya

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/22/2012, 2:44 am

Personally, I would pick the Skip Barber and the Mustang over these 4 selections. Is there a way to see if there is a premium car that everyone already has? If I had to pick from the 4, however, it would probably be the Solstice. It would force me to learn it and I can use that in the GT Cup and inRacing News Challenge which are D class series where you can earn credits for running vs. the Cadillac, which is a rookie series. The Mustang, I believe, can also be run in at least 2 iRacing credit-earning series. Not sure if the Cadillac can be run in any higher license series, but I ran it briefly when it first came out and couldn't even get TO the corkscrew at Laguna Seca much less finish a lap. I know, I'm a hack. And, yes, I try to earn as many credits from iRacing as I can. Especially with all of the new tracks that are going to be required for the British Touring Car Championship down the road.
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

iRacing Tag : Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/22/2012, 3:05 pm

My vote is for the SRF. The car makes you become a better driver.
Back to top Go down
Ripp3d
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder
Ripp3d

iRacing Tag : David Rippy

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/22/2012, 10:26 pm

Here's my order starting with my favorites:

SRF
Solstice
CTS
Legends

(Perhaps we could do two seasons different days of the week, road & oval?) What are peoples thoughts on that?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rippyondrums
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/23/2012, 12:24 am

Ripp3d wrote:
Here's my order starting with my favorites:

SRF
Solstice
CTS
Legends

(Perhaps we could do two seasons different days of the week, road & oval?) What are peoples thoughts on that?

I have no problem with that, however my work schedule prohibits me taking charge on it. If someone wants to facilitate a different night event i will be glad to help set up the info on the site but I can't facilitate anything.
Back to top Go down
SRVjr
Amateur License Holder
Amateur License Holder
SRVjr

iRacing Tag : Brian Lykins

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/23/2012, 9:04 am

I am ALL for doing an oval series, or even incorporating ovals into the current one. I would love to oversee it, but I may be making a change in jobs soon, so I'll need to see how that pans out before I commit to anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SRVjr?feature=mhee
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/23/2012, 11:12 am

Well looking at this poll the Cadillac is off to a blazing start. If the cadillac is the clear winner when the poll closes we most likely will run an oval or two in that series. It has enough speed to handle it. Gonna be an interesting series. Once this poll is closed we will do a track poll. So if you havent voted here I suggest you do because it will close shortly!!

Back to top Go down
To Close
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
To Close

iRacing Tag : Andrew J Wheeler

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/23/2012, 6:38 pm

You can now close the poll.. I have voted.
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/23/2012, 6:47 pm

Can we pleaseeeeee make one of the tracks for next season Sebring or Daytona and do a night race!?!? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
To Close
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
To Close

iRacing Tag : Andrew J Wheeler

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/23/2012, 6:55 pm

That would be cool. I suggest Sebring(because I have it Tee-hee)..
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/23/2012, 6:57 pm

Sebring would be so awesome. Maybe we could throw a special race in the season that is an enduro? 120 minute race with 3 pit stops?!? I would do that race just for fun haha.
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/24/2012, 10:32 am

Curtis Jones2 wrote:
Sebring would be so awesome. Maybe we could throw a special race in the season that is an enduro? 120 minute race with 3 pit stops?!? I would do that race just for fun haha.

Curtis I like your style.. I want to remind you that anytime you want to run a race for "fun". Feel free to facilitate it. Use this site and community to help promote it. Just post the specs time and place. If you let me know ahead of time I will be glad to send a newsletter email about the event as well.

As far as running a race at night. One night event is already in the mix. Details will be released shortly.
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/24/2012, 10:55 am

Very Happy! I am super stoked. I actually think I will setup a fun race for next season once we get the schedule ironed out.
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty7/24/2012, 2:11 pm

Sc0tty P33 wrote:
Curtis I like your style.. I want to remind you that anytime you want to run a race for "fun". Feel free to facilitate it. Use this site and community to help promote it. Just post the specs time and place. If you let me know ahead of time I will be glad to send a newsletter email about the event as well.

As far as running a race at night. One night event is already in the mix. Details will be released shortly.

Poll/Post is up! Check it out!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 2 Poll version 2   Season 2 Poll version 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Poll version 2
Page 1 of 1