Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HKanaya
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
HKanaya

Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Hiro Kanaya

Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE Empty
PostSubject: Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE   Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE Empty1/18/2013, 11:19 am

Saw mention of this on iRacing forums, but someone also posted this on the iRacerstuff site:

Text Hotkeys Confirmed for New Build: Tony Gardner posted on the iRacing forums that in the new build, there will be options to create text strings and assigning them to the number keys on the keyboard (similar to NASCAR Racing 2003 Season). He noted that it will work in the following fashion: “Hit 3 on your keyboard for example and text chat will read ‘passing left’ “. No word if the keys will be customizable or not. Tony’s Forum Post | New Build Page 1/17

You should be able to program a key to perform: F6-Select-Down-Select-Down-Select-Down-Select-F3 to select no tires at your next pit stop and bring you back to the F3 Relative screen. Similar macros should also be possible for No Fuel, reminding a back marker of the blue flag that has been in the top left corner of their screen for the last 3 laps, etc. I don't know how many times I have run into pit road walls trying to turn fuel and tires off. Wait. . . umm, I have NEVER done that. Really looking forward to this enhancement. Hopefully, they will be able to get driver swaps enabled in the S2 release. No chance for this one.

Back to top Go down
HKanaya
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
HKanaya

Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Hiro Kanaya

Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE   Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE Empty1/18/2013, 11:57 am

Damn, there could be a possibility that this will only work on text strings for in race chatting, which would be extremely boring. I am of the camp that iRacing should require everyone to have a microphone, as the text chats in the middle of a race are just as distracting as helpful, if not more so.
Back to top Go down

Hold Off on XPadder and GlovePIE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Virtual Sim Racing Association :: VSRA: General Information :: VSRA News and Racing Discussion-
Jump to: