Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

Trading Paints Tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripp3d
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder
Ripp3d

iRacing Tag : David Rippy

Trading Paints Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Trading Paints Tutorial   Trading Paints Tutorial Empty8/7/2012, 2:24 pm

Okay So I finally submitted and am creating a tutorial for everyone who could use the assistance. Because we all know that the tradingpaints interface can be goofy.

1. Register & download the desktop app here: http://www.tradingpaints.com/page/Desktop

2. Open Trading paints desktop and click "upload" located on the upper right hand side. (it maybe cut off a bit.)
In order for us to see the paint you want, you have to rename it. So say you have one that you like, take that file, and rename it with your 5digit account number. i.e. 12345.tga. That file goes in: mydocuments/iracing/paint/cars/yourchoice
To get your account/id number - iracing.com, click on " My Account" and you'll see it there under "customer id".

3. You can upload whatever/whoever's car, technically. That's why they say the permission thing.

-- To download other's custom cars.. just open tradingpaints desktop appication, pick the car you want. It will auto-populate the list, and just click on download after that. It automatically places all the cars in their proper folders.

If anyone needs help, shoot me a message. Message 4 massage Smile

afro
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rippyondrums
potthed
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
potthed

Trading Paints Tutorial Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Kyle Potts

Trading Paints Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Paints Tutorial   Trading Paints Tutorial Empty8/8/2012, 3:09 pm

Thanks David!!!
Back to top Go down

Trading Paints Tutorial
Page 1 of 1