Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

Head Tracking With Only a Camera

Go down 
AuthorMessage
To Close
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
To Close

Head Tracking With Only a Camera Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Andrew J Wheeler

Head Tracking With Only a Camera Empty
PostSubject: Head Tracking With Only a Camera   Head Tracking With Only a Camera Empty7/21/2012, 11:50 am

So Scotty got some l.e.d.'s and an xbox live vision cam and stated trying out using head tracking software. So today I found something that would track your FACE with just the camera and a little software.. So if you have a camera ITS FREE.

It is called FaceTrackNoIR(v160).. The way that I got it to work was to download and install all of v130, which has SetupFaceTrackNoIR.windows installerpackage, vcredist_x86, w_ipp_rti_ia32_p_5.3.4. Then install the v160 update right on top of this folder.

To run with iRacing I used the Fake TrackIR Protocol and Face API as the Tracker source.. Wala

I am still testing this out and it is working well so far, my camera is right in front of my steering wheel I should note.

There are some other options for this like a 64 bit dll, I had issues with it.. Feel free to post back questions and reviews..

I have changed the settings in the app to better suit what I am looking for as well..

Notes: Easier to run iRacing in windowed mode to get it initial configuration.
I am also using an XBL Vision Cam, does not get many FPS but still works ok so far.

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm
Back to top Go down

Head Tracking With Only a Camera
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Virtual Sim Racing Association :: VSRA: General Information :: VSRA: Technical Lab-
Jump to: