Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups

Go down 
+4
potthed
Nappster
Craig McKenzie
Sc0tty P33
8 posters

Open or Fixed Setups?
Open (VSRA BASELINE PROVIDED)
Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Vote_lcap47%Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
Fixed
Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Vote_lcap53%Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Vote_rcap
 53% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Scott Power

Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty
PostSubject: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/9/2014, 10:14 am

Each season we debate on whether we want fixed or open setups. Well here we go at it again. Even with the Open setups the vsra will still try and provide a stock stable setup that will be shared with everyone. So pick your poison.

And if you have feedback please comment below.
Back to top Go down
Craig McKenzie

iRacing Tag : Craig McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/9/2014, 1:19 pm

I prefer fixed so I can just get in the car and drive and not have to worry about a setup
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/9/2014, 1:31 pm

Craig McKenzie wrote:
I prefer fixed so I can just get in the car and drive and not have to worry about a setup

I agree with you Craig, however I also like to change my tune for each track.. each track is different... Thats why we would publish a vsra "baseline" that you could run every week. And I will be more than happy to share my setup with anyone any week.

Back to top Go down
Nappster

iRacing Tag : Logan Knapp

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/9/2014, 2:02 pm

Definitely open set ups. As much fun/ease of use fixed setups are, it takes part of the fun away from racing. Given that we will have a good setup provided I don't see any reason why we should go to open setups, it will really shake up the racing and make it much more interesting for viewers. Best drivers aren't always best drivers. Keeps us on our toes.
Back to top Go down
potthed
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
potthed

iRacing Tag : Kyle Potts

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/9/2014, 2:48 pm

I voted fixed because I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to tuning on this sim. I also like everyone on the same playing field. Then I know its because the guys beating me are better, not their setup is better. I also think it puts on for closer better racing. My .02
Back to top Go down
LanceSnyder

iRacing Tag : LanceSnyder2

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/9/2014, 4:23 pm

I went with fixed also, I'm already in the back of the pack by a few seconds each week.. open setups will further the gulf.
Back to top Go down
JScarallo

iRacing Tag : Jonathan Scarallo

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/9/2014, 7:05 pm

I also voted for fixed setup. With fixed setup this league takes up about 6 hours a week, if the setup is open that can easily double and its hard enough to fit in the 6 hours needed per week. Plus drivers will spend ridiculous amount of time tuning setups and they tend to find glitches running so unrealistic setups that for some reason are un godly fast in the sim and therefor they destroy everybody because they have no life except this game. Fixed setups please
Back to top Go down
Mark Robertson2

Mark Robertson2

iRacing Tag : Mark Robertson

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/9/2014, 8:51 pm

I agree with fixed. I don't have the time or the knowledge to worry about making a setup. One thing though, what about final drive and trans ratios to fit the track we are running. Suspension and other handling settings could remain the same? Just thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
LanceSnyder

iRacing Tag : LanceSnyder2

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/9/2014, 11:49 pm

I'm in the same boat as far as lack of time because I would also like to run the official DP series at the same time since I have so little seat time in that car. Something else I thought of... 2 setups would have to be developed, one for Q and one for R.
Back to top Go down
mattwi24
Professional License Holder
Professional License Holder

iRacing Tag : Matthew Thill

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/10/2014, 3:59 am

My thought would be the most stable setup possible...parity and great racing is important to me and the sponsor for broadcasting.

Medium downforce with a bit of better turn in potential would be my most optimum request.

Regardless of what we do, I'll most likely run the med downforce setup all year anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xstaticmotorsports.com
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty7/10/2014, 8:55 am

It was a close poll but for the sake of moving along I am going to close it out. Although I prefer open setups I do agree that "Fixed" setups are probably better for the league as a whole.. Guys who prefer open setups can always race with fixed setups but guys that prefer fixed definitely struggle with open setups.

So we will continue the trend with the "fixed setups".

Good luck out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups   Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 11 - Open or Fixed Setups
Page 1 of 1