Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

iracing Teamspeak Channel

Go down 
+3
Sc0tty P33
Joseph.Andersen
Ripp3d
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripp3d
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder
Ripp3d

iRacing Tag : David Rippy

iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty
PostSubject: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty6/24/2012, 11:50 pm

Yo guys, I have a Teamspeak channel available via friend. It's a VERY good/stable means of voice communication. You can dl the client here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

This is a good tool to use similar to an xbox live party. It allows us to communicate when we aren't racing as well as when we are. It will not be a requirement but I definitely recommend it.

Join our channel after installation and click on "connections" then "connect" and input server name and pw. Don't change anything else.

***Update 5/13/2013****
The other TeamSpeak Channel will be closed due to server issues at the end of the payment cycle. (which I'm not sure of the exact date)
The NEW TS channel is:
ts8.gameservers.com:9190
pw: bf3isfun (same pw)

-Rippy
Thanks for the channel once again to Brian Reynolds.

To configure your mic:
Go to settings> options > capture.
Recommended: Push-To-Talk -and bind whatever key you'd like. Some wheels you can bind one of those keys.
*Note* You can also change player volume levels by right-clicking on their name.

Last edited by Ripp3d on 5/13/2013, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rippyondrums
Joseph.Andersen
Professional License Holder

iracing Teamspeak Channel Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Joseph Andersen

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty6/29/2012, 8:41 am

I really didn't understand why to use TeamSpeak when iRacing has a good system in place. But after using it I think it is the way to go. People sound like people, and you can stay in a chat room without being in a race session. Nice to chat before a room is hosted and also after the race is finished.
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

iRacing Tag : Scott Power

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty6/29/2012, 8:46 am

Joseph.Andersen wrote:
I really didn't understand why to use TeamSpeak when iRacing has a good system in place. But after using it I think it is the way to go. People sound like people, and you can stay in a chat room without being in a race session. Nice to chat before a room is hosted and also after the race is finished.

Yea same here... also a lot of us hang out there during the week. Kind of like a xbox live party system. I strongly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
To Close
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
To Close

iRacing Tag : Andrew J Wheeler

PostSubject: teamspeak add on   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty7/4/2012, 2:07 pm

http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/skins/sound-packs/Default-Sound-Voiced-Names-and-Channels.html

Jim Deane showed this to a few of us this morning and thought others may like this too.. Simple. It announces the names of people as they enter and exit your channel.. Instead of "user has left your channel" it would say "Jim Deane has left your channel".. Follow directions on site for downloading and installing..
Then to use the new add on, go to your settings, options, then select the notifications tab. And at the top of the page there is a drop down window that will allow you to switch to "default with voice names and channels". You may need to restart teamspeak in order for the new settings too apply.

cheers
Back to top Go down
potthed
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
potthed

iRacing Tag : Kyle Potts

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty9/17/2012, 2:17 am

Andrew and I tried to use teamspeak today and it wouldnt work....Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Joseph.Andersen

iRacing Tag : Joseph Andersen

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty9/17/2012, 8:51 am

I think the bill might not be paid. I checked into the pricing and it would cost about $81 for 20 slots and $96 for 24 slots per year. 16 slots for $65 per year. Not sure it we maybe want to try to get everybody to donate and start ad VSRA one? You pay more per slot you want available, 8 slots is only $35 a year but I would think we want to have enough to support a full room?
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty9/17/2012, 9:56 am

I may have a solution. I downloaded mumble and created a server just for us. I am not totally up to speed with the settings of the server but in time I will figure it out. Download the Mumble software. It is free. The server details are below.

Label: VSRA: Virtual Sim Racing Association
Address: mumble-us.cleanvoice.ru
Port: 64326

I also noticed that you can not use spaces in your username.

**WE WILL USE THIS FOR BACKUP ONLY** **ONLY IF TS IS DOWN**

Last edited by Sc0tty P33 on 10/2/2012, 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
To Close
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
To Close

iRacing Tag : Andrew J Wheeler

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty9/17/2012, 11:02 am

Mumble server is working good.. Come join us.
Back to top Go down
Jim Deane
Rookie License Holder
Rookie License Holder
Jim Deane

iRacing Tag : Jim Deane

PostSubject: Mumble Server   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty9/17/2012, 11:16 pm

Hey Gang, I have had a Paid for Mumble Server up for a year. Its supported by mumble.com and works good.

Here are the details if anyone is interested. There is no need for 2 of them.

Address: demiseonline.mumble.com
PORT: 5644
No Password Needed !!!

I would glad to host a new VSRA server if needed, especially since its already up and running. It is also setup with other players playing all of the newest games.

Try it, you will like it

To download mumble go here and get the mumble 1.2.3a client:

http://www.mumble.com/

Back to top Go down
Jim Deane
Rookie License Holder
Rookie License Holder
Jim Deane

iRacing Tag : Jim Deane

PostSubject: Scotty, Mumble notes   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty9/17/2012, 11:25 pm

Scotty, I just logged into your mumble server and noticed that you are using certificates. This bad as it prevents you from using that mumble server on a different computer or using any other name. I suggest you change it to where it DOES NOT require a certificate. Believe me, been there and done that.
Back to top Go down
bossturbo
Rookie License Holder
Rookie License Holder

iRacing Tag : Brian Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty5/14/2013, 5:32 pm

New TS3 server!

ts8.gameservers.com:9190

Which means the server address is "ts8.gameservers.com"
and the port is 9190

no password.

the old one appears to still be active for the moment, but I moved it from Denver to Dallas because the denver location seems to go down a lot.

-brian
Back to top Go down
bossturbo
Rookie License Holder
Rookie License Holder

iRacing Tag : Brian Reynolds

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty7/7/2014, 5:40 pm

Hey, do you guys still use the Teamspeak server?
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty7/7/2014, 5:45 pm

bossturbo wrote:
Hey, do you guys still use the Teamspeak server?

Yes, we have been using it on Tuesday and Thursday and Sunday... Are you about to cancel it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iracing Teamspeak Channel   iracing Teamspeak Channel Empty

Back to top Go down

iracing Teamspeak Channel
Page 1 of 1