Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!

Go down 
+4
John LaBaff
Joseph.Andersen
Zig
Curtis Jones2
8 posters

Which time would you prefer?
Mid afternoon (3PM practice start)
VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Vote_lcap33%VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Evening (7PM practice start)
VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Vote_lcap67%VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

iRacing Tag : Curtis Jones2

VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty
PostSubject: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/5/2013, 7:46 pm

Hey everyone! Long time no see Very Happy!

I have been quite busy and haven't had much time to devote to iRacing but recently I have been able to find the time for a simple series with fixed setups and a car that is easy yet fun to drive, the MX-5 of course! Most everyone here has started out with the MX-5 or even still drives it occasionally if not frequently so I am hoping this could almost be an "arrive and drive" kind of league for the majority of those who wish to attend the races. The race day for this league would be on each Saturday although the time for the session to start is up is up for discussion and vote. Please make sure to vote if you wish to participate in the new MX-5 cup and post here!

*Also!* Scott had a great idea regarding a potential multi class race that could be held where the mclarens and mx5's take the track together in a special event. Please voice your opinions about a potential race such as this!

Tentative Schedule :

02/23 - Summit Point Raceway Full
03/02 - Lime Rock Park Chicane
03/09 - Mid-Ohio Full
03/16 - Sebring International (Playboy MX-5 Cup is running Sebring this weekend, lets see how we stack up time wise!)
03/23 - OFF WEEK 1
03/30 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Full
04/06 - Barber Motorsports Park Full
04/13 - OFF WEEK 2
04/20 - Okayama Full
04/27 - Road Atlanta Full

Please chime in about the track selection! I was hoping to include as many of the actual tracks that the Playboy MX-5 Cup will be running this season and as of now they are all on the schedule (Minus the ones that iRacing does not have). ***I Have removed mosport but no one really likes that boring ass track anyway Wink***

A couple of other details to note.

Scoring : Will be the same as outlined in the VSRA sporting regulations. You can drop ONE event from the final scoring
Start : Standing
Practice Start Time : 7PM CST
Pit stops : No mandated pit stop
Setup : Fixed
Race format : 1.75 hours total (1 hour practice, 15 minute qualifying, 30 minute timed race)

If I forgot to address anything please let me know, it's been a while for me. It's great to be back and I hope to see some of the old regulars back out on the track in the mx-5 cup!

-Curtis

Last edited by Curtis Jones2 on 2/11/2013, 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zig

iRacing Tag : Carson Langley

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/5/2013, 7:54 pm

yep yep yep yep yep yep
Back to top Go down
Joseph.Andersen
Professional License Holder

VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Joseph Andersen

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/5/2013, 9:29 pm

I might be able to make a couple races !!
Back to top Go down
John LaBaff
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder
John LaBaff

iRacing Tag : John LaBaff

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/5/2013, 9:37 pm

id b game and the misses might join to
Back to top Go down
Argent6978
Amateur License Holder
Amateur License Holder
Argent6978

iRacing Tag : Justin Allen4

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 1:30 am

Sounds fun and enjoyable. I'll try to make it, though I don't think I could manage afternoon start times, it'd have to be evening for me.
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 3:00 pm

Great to see you guys are still around and may participate, hope to see ya there! I have modified the scoring so that you can now drop TWO events out of the 10 for final scoring now instead of a single event since this is just a FUN series and some may not be able to make certain races. No big deal just show up for at least 8 out of the 10 and you'll be good to go!
Back to top Go down
HKanaya
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
HKanaya

iRacing Tag : Hiro Kanaya

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 4:08 pm

If we get enough people participating, I would vote for shorter practice and longer races with restricted fuel loads so that pit stops become a necessity. It would need to be on these particular Saturdays, however, because I am already in a different league that alternates on the Saturdays that these events are currently not scheduled for.
Back to top Go down
HKanaya
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
HKanaya

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 4:11 pm

Grid by class and then qualifying, like the Grand-Am Sports Car series, or the significantly less optimal qualifying and then class like the Grand Touring Cup?
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 4:22 pm

Hey Hiro!

Well there are two ways I could do it. I could go ahead and leave the practice at an hour and whoever wants to practice can join and those who would rather just show up for the quali/race can do that as well or I could shorten the practice. I think leaving the extended practice for those interested is beneficial although lets see what everyone else has to say.

*I would be down with limiting the fuel to implement a mandatory pit stop but further than that I would like to leave it open so that the driver could do what they wish during the stop just as long as they do make the stop. We will see though, I was hoping to make this close to the Playboy MX-5 cup which does not require a pit.

-Curtis
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 4:28 pm

Participation so far

Curtis Jones
Carson Langley (zig)
Dallas Sullivan (sallad)
John LaBaff
Mrs. John LaBaff (Possibly?)
Hiro Kanaya (Depends on the race specifics?)
Justin Allen4 (Maybe depending on start time)
Joseph Andersen (Maybe a couple of races)

Please invite others who race clean and would like to participate in a fun series like this as well. I am glad to encourage new drivers to race in this too as long as their race craft is good enough to keep it on the track and stay out of trouble.

Back to top Go down
Joseph.Andersen

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 4:37 pm

Can you set up some grid girls also? That might bring some more racers also.
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 5:03 pm

Absolutely! And rocket launchers for the bottom qualifying half!
Back to top Go down
deeeee_99

deeeee_99

iRacing Tag : dee

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 6:19 pm

John tells me this would be a good chance for me to get to race some so i would be there as much as possible as this is my busiest time of the year for me untill April 15th. Since I am a tax accountant.

Dee
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 6:37 pm

Sounds good Dee, hope to see you on the track ma'am!

I am contemplating dropping Watkins and Mosport from this list and make it an 8 race series with a single drop. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by Curtis Jones2 on 2/6/2013, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deeeee_99

deeeee_99

iRacing Tag : dee

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 7:39 pm

Not Sir its Ma'am.

Dee
Back to top Go down
Joseph.Andersen

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 7:46 pm

Give it to him Dee !! LOL
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/6/2013, 7:47 pm

My apologies Ma'am! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKanaya
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
HKanaya

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/7/2013, 1:41 am

Uh oh, I guess I needed to watch my language, anyway.

Curtis,
I am in no matter the format, as long as I can make the dates. If the schedule were to slip a week and keep alternating, I would be out. I'm fine without a fuel restriction, it just adds more strategy to the pit stops. Is it going to be the same fixed setup for the McLaren each week, or will it change from low DF, medium DF or high DF depending on the track?
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

iRacing Tag : Scott Power

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/7/2013, 12:10 pm

More chances to wreck Joe?? I am in!!! As much as possible. Also you mentioned a 2hr event but you have an 1hr practice 15min qualifying and 30 min race.. There is still 15 min left. I suggest adding it to the race and make it 45min. Just my 2cents.. Excited to get the Mclarens going and get the trusty MX-5 back onto the hauler!!

As far as the special events I thought we could do them in the off weeks. For example at the end of Mclarens season we could do a fun mix up on that thursday we always take off. And if Mx5s take off a week too we then could run another multi class event. And we might come up with a special prize for the winners of each class.. Just a thought.

Scotty
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/8/2013, 11:00 am

Scott - I was just gonna block off two hours for the event although I may make the races a bit longer possibly. I don't want to make them too long so that drivers are bored by the end of the race but I would like them to be long enough that if a mistake is made you have laps to make up the positions if you're fast enough.

As far as the special events are concerned I am definitely down to do them! We just need to figure out when we are gonna do it. I think it would be cool to do an end the season event grand am style enduro. Maybe a two hour race with the mclarens and mx5's taking the track?
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

iRacing Tag : Scott Power

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/8/2013, 1:20 pm

Curtis Jones2 wrote:
Scott - I was just gonna block off two hours for the event although I may make the races a bit longer possibly. I don't want to make them too long so that drivers are bored by the end of the race but I would like them to be long enough that if a mistake is made you have laps to make up the positions if you're fast enough.

Bored??? If your bored your not going fast enough!! haha... I hear ya!!

Sounds fun!!
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/11/2013, 1:54 pm

Alright everyone I have made a couple of changes and if no one has any objections I am going to finalize this and throw it up on the sub forum for the series.

1. Removed mosport and watkins glen from the series and replaced those with two off weeks. The dates have not changed for the races but I did shift the tracks around a bit to give us a break after 2-3 races.

2. Since we are running 8 races for the series you can now only drop ONE race from your final series standing points. Your worst scoring race will automatically be the race dropped from your points.

3. Starting time has been finalized to 7PM CST since it appears that this time is going to win on the poll.

I plan on throwing together an open practice session this week and maybe a practice race and will keep everyone informed about it.
Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty2/12/2013, 4:15 pm

Practice race tonight on Summit Point Raceway Full! Bring yourself and your friends and whoever is potentially interested in this series to race tonight. I am going to setup the practice to start 8PM CST and last for an hour then a 15 minute qualifying session and a 30 minute timed race.

This is going to be an open practice so hopefully some new people that are interested will come in and we can potentially recruit them. If you guys could give me a hand in the whole introduction and correspondence with these potential new racers please do. My race setup isn't setup to allow me to talk in game easily with a keyboard nor voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!   VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup! Empty

Back to top Go down

VSRA MX-5 Fixed Cup!
Page 1 of 1