Virtual Sim Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Sim Racing Association

Place where serious racers can find clean and competitive racers using the iRacing software.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Season 11 DIYSim.com Road Course Challenge will be starting soon !! Stayed tuned for more information !!

Logitech Wheel is Broken!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Sponsorvsra
iRacing Tag : Scott Power

Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty
PostSubject: Logitech Wheel is Broken!!   Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty6/11/2012, 12:01 pm

I was running in a high level room last night and made my way to first coming 3-wide off final corner. Started pulling on the field then BAM!! Wheel stopped responding and I slammed into the wall. I tried to reboot and re-calibrate the wheel but the wheel doesn't make it through its paces. I went online and checked out some help groups and tried there fixes and nothing works.

I have been fighting with logitech with proof purchases, and all the sorts trying to get some sort of help. Anyhow I am out of commission as of now until a solution is reached. However, even though I am down VSRA will continue to move forward. We need to get a few more members and we can start this season off. If you have any friends that would make good additions to the group or just meet any random cool folks. Please forward them to the site.

Thanks guys!!
Back to top Go down
Ripp3d
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder
Ripp3d

iRacing Tag : David Rippy

PostSubject: Re: Logitech Wheel is Broken!!   Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty6/11/2012, 3:03 pm

That's never fun. affraid Is there any frays in the wire? My old wheel I had to re-cut and solder the pedal wires because of a fray. Now everything's cherry again. Might not be such a simple fix for your g27. Best of luck.

Have you tried it on another pc?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rippyondrums
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: Logitech Wheel is Broken!!   Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty6/11/2012, 4:21 pm

I havent tried that yet, however I have taken it apart twice trying to resolve problems found on other forums. Also reinstalled drivers, changed usb settings. I got it to go through entire calibration setup except the last portion that centers the wheel. I am going to open her back up tonight again and see what I can figure out. I will post findings on the site so if someone else has the same issue they can learn from my misfortunes.

Back to top Go down
Curtis Jones2
Novice License Holder
Novice License Holder
Curtis Jones2

iRacing Tag : Curtis Jones2

PostSubject: Re: Logitech Wheel is Broken!!   Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty6/11/2012, 8:58 pm

Terrible to hear Scotty! Logitech from what I have been told has some great customer service and offer a substantial discount on wheels if your equipment is out of warranty. I have been told that if your gear is out of warranty and has an issue they will offer you at 50% off coupon to anything in their web store ($150 for a G27 sounds pretty good amirite?!).
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: Logitech Wheel is Broken!!   Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty6/11/2012, 11:19 pm

Well here is an update...

I found on the internet that the G27 is constantly having an issue where the decoder gets loose and causes all sorts of problems. The decoder counts how many times the motor is turning and tells the wheel when to start and stop. If it is loose, it gets false readings and causes the wheel to basically shut down.

So I took it apart the first time and totally missed where the decoder even was.. It is behind a plastic cover for protection from dust and any other bad mamajammas. (duh)

So I took it apart a 2nd time with an educated schematic from another site on the internet. Low and behold the decoder was definitely loose. I tightened her all down and put her all back together. Excited, I plugged her in only to be dissapointed yet again.

So I am friends with the CEO and founder of SimCraft. If you haven'y heard of them you should check there site out. (www.simcraft.com) I went to his office with my problems and he told me the same issues that I had found online. As I was leaving, his engineering mind popped on like a light bulb and asked me If I took it completely apart. My answer was "yes". He said to check if I was 180 degrees out of whack on the center of the wheel. I didn't think about that at all. I rushed home and tested to see if when I put it back together if I had installed the steering rack inside incorrectly. Well I guess he gets paid the big bucks for a reason. I took it all apart made sure that the wheel was center and presto!! Shes running like a champ. I can't thank Mark at Simcraft enough. That's why they are the industry leaders in high end simulators.

So in the end if you have a G27 and it starts acting up. Just ask me what I did to fix mine. I would be glad to coach anyone else who may have the same issues.

On another note after fighting with Logitech who claims my wheel isn't under warranty because I bought it from a 3rd party, I was able to convince them to give me a 50% off coupon. So I may buy a second unit just to keep in the closet for when this one is no longer repairable.

Thanks to all for your kind words. It feels good to be able to get behind the wheel yet again.
Back to top Go down
Joseph.Andersen
Professional License Holder
Professional License Holder

iRacing Tag : Joseph Andersen

PostSubject: Re: Logitech Wheel is Broken!!   Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty6/12/2012, 1:59 pm

Nice work Scotty !! I wonder if I should fix mine before it breaks or just wait it out???
Back to top Go down
Jim Deane
Rookie License Holder
Rookie License Holder
Jim Deane

iRacing Tag : Jim Deane

PostSubject: Re: Logitech Wheel is Broken!!   Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty6/12/2012, 9:12 pm

Congrads and way to go

I wasnt looking forward to racing someone that was 180 degs off Smile

Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Head-on-backwards1

Last edited by Jim Deane on 6/12/2012, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sc0tty P33
Semi-Pro License Holder
Semi-Pro License Holder

PostSubject: Re: Logitech Wheel is Broken!!   Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty6/12/2012, 9:14 pm

well left hand turns would of been gravy.. right turns not so much.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logitech Wheel is Broken!!   Logitech Wheel is Broken!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Logitech Wheel is Broken!!
Page 1 of 1